It is widely understood that stress affects the body and the mind. The mind is thought to be influenced by sensory inputs namely, smell, sight, sound, touch and taste.
Ayurveda talks of therapies that are introduced to the body via senses to influence the mind. Mind is considered as a subtle body; therefore treating it is known as subtle therapy. In brief, subtle therapies introduce favorable sensory inputs such that the mind is affected in a positive way.
In Akhila Health classes, we bring awareness of these subtle therapies.
- Smell: Aromatherapy – calming or energizing
- Sight: Color Therapy – color’s influence on mood
- Sound: Sound Therapy – sounds that promote relaxation
- Touch: Massage – self massage
- Taste: 6 tastes – sweet, sour, salty, pungent, astringent and bitter